Avaal Technology, leader in logistics solutions in GTA proudly announces" Fast Track Course in Freight Forwarding" with a unique blend of International and Canadian industry perspective.
Topics covered include details of operations including documentation requirements in transportation by road, rail, water and air, warehousing, international trade, customs clearance, insurance, import-export documentation and marketing.
- In-class comprehensive study training
- Interactive discussion with the lecturer about current industry trends
- Periodic test for knowledge assessment
- Hands-on training in an office environment
- Job placement assistance
Course Objectives & Outcomes
Transportation and Distribution
- Identify key stakeholders in developing and using effective transportation and distribution systems
- Compare/contrast the 5 modes of transportation, identifying strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the application of warehousing, materials handling and information technology
- Identify regional economic markets
- Facilities available in Canada in each mode
- Understand Trading Terms (Incoterms)
- Understand the documents required and patterns for multimodal export shipments
- Understanding the requirements of doing business in North America (NAFTA)
- Understand the principles of a Letter of Credit, how to get paid?
- Step by step procedure of doing international shipment
- Understand Canada customs concepts and responsibilities
- Understand the role of the customs broker
- Step by step method of completing custom formalities
- Important checklists
Intermediate Transportation Agencies
- Know what a freight forwarder is and what services they offer
- Understand questions of liability
- How a freight forwarding company works?
- How to get quote requests and orders?
- How to get competitive rates from road carriers, rail carriers and shipping lines
- How to make an agent in other country
- Step by step method from order receiving to order completion
- Caution in handling documents like commercial invoice, certificate of origin, B13, BL etc
- Managing cash flow