Latest News:AVAAL Vehicle Tracking(AVT) launched. Read Now

Avaal Fuel Card

Start Saving Todaywith Avaal Blue Fleet Card

Check Now

Trucking Authorities

The trucking industry is complex and can be challenging to navigate for new businesses. There are many permits and trucking authorities that are required to transport goods from coast to coast. Our expert staff at Avaal ensure a stress-free experience as you embark on your new business venture, as well as helping existing carriers with maintaining and renewing their current permits.

trucking authorities 2

What is Trucking Authority?

In the transportation industry, trucking authority is essentially permission granted by the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) to transport goods for profit. There are two types of authority that companies can apply for: contract and common. A contract authority is for carriers that haul freight only for firms that they have a contractual agreement with. A common authority is for carriers that hire themselves out to any company that wants to pay to have legal goods transported.

How to Get Trucking Authorities?

Obtaining a trucking authority requires a lot of steps and paperwork. That's why many trucking businesses reach out to companies such as AVAAL for help. AVAAL's transportation consulting services can help your trucking business with everything needed to get your own trucking authority. We will ensure your application is correct and that you have all of the necessary documents.

Corporation Registration and Profile Building

Register your new trucking business as a provincial or federal corporation to minimize risk to your personal finances. Improve your market visibility with a professionally designed website, eye catching logo, and promotional materials including brochures and business cards.

IRP Renewal & Vehicle Registration

  • Plate renewal
  • Trip Permit
  • Replace sticker
  • Original registration
  • Transfer of a used vehicle
  • Plate attachment/replacement/termination
  • Data changes (e.g. address, make, model)
  • Vehicle status changes

Carrier Bonds

Improve the scope and flexibility of your business as a bonded carrier. Bonded carrier status allows you to move goods inland to a CBSA office to be released by customs, or to move goods through Canada without having the shipment released.

IFTA, New York, New Mexico, Kentucky Tax Filing

The international Fuel Tax Agreement requires quarterly tax return filings for all carriers. The above U.S states collect Highway Use Taxes and also require quarterly filing. Let Avaal take care of the tedious number crunching.

training banner 3